- speak to patients to get detailed case histories from them;
- examine patients' eyes to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects;
- be aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. diabetes);
- fit spectacles or contact lenses;
- offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters;
- offer help and advice to patients when choosing frames and lenses;
- write referral letters to doctors;
- liaise with other medical practitioners and sometimes share the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions;
- meet sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- Two years of Experience in the Same Field .
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Optometry or equivalent